Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Maui was Wow-ie!

John and I recently returned from what we are dubbing our "second" honeymoon, a week in Maui. This past spring, while doing some daunting yard work, I asked John, "If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would it be?" He responded, "Maui". I, subsequently responded, "Bora, Bora." Randomly the following week one of our preferred hotel's emailed out a special on room nights in Maui, so I started checking into it. Side note - John's USA Today newspaper at the hotel he was staying at for work was highlighting Bora Bora. A sign? I think so!

A great deal, coupled with my 30th birthday, we decided Maui it was! We spent a week on the island hiking to waterfalls, snorkeling, snuba-ing, shopping, walking the beaches and of course drinking one or two of those yummy tropical drinks with cute umbrellas in them.

Here's my top 10 list of the trip:
10.85 degree weather - we went there to cool off from the Texas heat!
9.Edamame puree dip - try it, you'll love it!
8.Not getting sunburned!
7. Polynesian Luau at The Grand hotel
6. Fresh warm banana bread from a hut on the road to Hana
5.The colorful flowers everywhere that smelled fantastic
4.Sunsets every night from our fabulous balcony
3.Being upgraded to a deluxe suite 25 feet from the ocean upon check-in.
2. A floating cabana over the infinity edge pool that looks at the Pacific Ocean all day the day of my birthday
1. No ESPN Sports Center on the TV!



No comments: